How to Install Your New XL-2100U or XL-2100 Lamp into Your Sony KF50WE620 Projector
Even though your Sony KF50WE620 projector’s original lamp provides 2000 hours of lamp life, eventually there comes the time to replace your projector’s lamp. Replacing your XL-2100U or XL-2100 lamp is very simple, but we understand it can be a bit intimidating if you haven’t done so before. Below we have outlined the simple steps for replacing your KF50WE620 projector’s lamp in a snap. Also included are illustrations of the steps to make it even easier for you.
The projection lamp, which illuminates the picture, has a limited life.
If the screen becomes dark, the color looks unusual, or the LAMP indicator on the front of the LCD projection TV flashes, it is time to replace the lamp with a new one.
Here are a few tips on how to replace your lamp.
- Use a Sony XL-2100U or XL-2100 replacement lamp for replacement. Use of any other lamp may damage the LCD projection TV.
- Do not remove the lamp for any purpose other than replacement. Doing so may cause injury or fire.
- Before replacing the lamp, turn the power off on the main unit. Wait several minutes, then unplug the power cord. (The cooling fan will continue to blow for about two minutes after turning the power off.)
- Allow the lamp to cool down completely before removing it. The surface of the lamp remains extremely hot for at least 30 minutes after the power has been turned off.
- Do not put flammable materials and metal objects inside the lamp receptacle of the LCD projection TV after removing the lamp. Doing so may cause fire or electrical shock.
- To avoid being burned, do not touch the receptacle.
- Mount the new lamp securely. Failure to do so may cause a fire or the screen to go dark.
- Do not touch the glass of the new lamp with your fingers.
- Avoid touching the front glass of a new lamp as this may reduce picture quality or lamp life.
Step by Step Instructions for Replacing the Lamp:
- Do not leave the used lamp near flammable materials or within the reach of children.
- Do not pour water on the used lamp or put any object inside the lamp. Doing so may cause the lamp to burst.
- Turn off the power on the main unit. Wait several minutes, then unplug the power cord. (The cooling fan will continue to operate for about two minutes after turning the power off.)
Avoid touching the front glass of a new lamp or the glass of the lamp receptacle. This may reduce picture quality or lamp life.
- Wait at least 30 minutes after unplugging the power cord to allow the lamp to cool down before replacing it. To avoid being burned, do not touch the lamp receptacle once the lamp has been removed. Take the new lamp out of the box. Do not touch the glass portion of the new lamp.
- Do not shake the lamp. Vibration can damage the lamp or shorten its life.
- Avoid touching the front glass of a new lamp or the glass of the lamp receptacle. This may reduce picture quality or lamp life.
- Loosen the screws on the rear side panel.
- Remove the front panel.
- The front panel cover is security attached to the cabinet. Pull firmly on the cover in the numbered order with both hands to release it.
- Loosen the screw on the lamp cover with a coin or similar object to remove it.
- Loosen the two screws that secure the lamp, then pull out the lamp. The lamp is very hot immediately after use. Never touch the front glass of the lamp or the surrounding parts.
- After the used lamp has cooled, place it into the empty box of the replacement lamp. Never put the used lamp into a plastic bag.
- Put the new lamp into its place. Mount the new lamp securely.
- Reattach the lamp door. Make sure the lamp cover is reattached securely, otherwise the power will not turn on.
- If the screw of the lamp cover is slanted, the lamp may not light up properly. In such a case, take out the screw and reinsert it straight into the screw hole, then tighten the screw completely.
- If the lamp cover is not reattached securely, the self-diagnostic function may be triggered and the POWER/STANDBY indicator flashes three times.
- Reattach the front panel securely.
- Reattach the rear side panel and tighten the screws.
- Call 866-470-9877 or go online to http://www.AllProjectorLamps.com for a Sony XL-2100U or XL-2100 replacement lamp.
- Take great care when replacing the lamp or plugging in/unplugging the connection cords. Rough handling may cause the TV to fall, damaging the TV, the TV stand and the floor.